Monday, March 8, 2021

March 8 Chemo Day

 Mar 8, Chemo Day.  Went over CT Scan with a nurse practitioner who verified what we got out of the results from the portal, organs and lymph nodes are clear, and the tumor is shrinking.  So I am winning, as I said in the beginning, I was going to beat this, and I am going to win.  Appetite is not slacking off so I am eating good (6 months of a soup diet makes you kind of hungry).  Chemo went well, watched a couple of movies and took a nap (one of the first drugs is Benedryl).  Got my chemo, and then my pump for the next three days (Wednesday it comes off).  Went to Drakes for late lunch and ate about half (if you see the portion sizes you will understand why, Kevin only ate half his burger).  We had to talk the Manager to compliment the food and the service, they had no problem accommodating special needs due to the Chemo (like I have to avoid anything really cold for about a week and a half after chemo due to cold sensitivity). When I mentioned the cold thing the server was like, no problem and was happy to make sure I got what I needed and wanted.  When I told all this (and she really appreciated that we wanted to talk to her for good things), I mentioned how her server helped with my cold sensitivity issue with drinks and such (and you don't know how much I appreciate this because some places say your out of luck), and explained why I had it due to chemo, she did something I was neither looking for or expected.  She comped our entire meal, and even when I told her that, that was not necessary she insisted (and yes even though she comped the meal we gave the server a tip - probably a little bigger than normal but with the way we were treated it was worth it.).  

  So this has been a good day, Carolyn's vertigo is improving, my scans showed progress, side effects are bother me to much even though I am on max dosage in chemo (they are getting stronger and stronger side effects, but that is to be expected).  And to top it off, had a great lunch (with leftovers for dinner) and a very good restaurant who understands what good customer service is.  Oh and the Dr. loved my "Let the Shenanigans begin" T-Shirt and my "Kiss My Shamrock" face mask.....LOL.


  So all in all, I am winning and will continue to do so.

K



No comments:

Post a Comment