Monday, February 22, 2021

Latest Update on My Cancer Journey

 Let's see, since my last chemo treatment what has happened?  I am eating solid foods, and by solid foods I mean, Hearty Gumbo, Chicken soup, Cheese burger (without the bun for now), Spaghetti with noodles, chili with noodles, chili with hot dogs, beans and hotdogs, All types of eggs, with toast, and some with ham, Popeys chicken with mac and cheese and potatoes and gravy, Bandana's BBQ (brisket, chicken, Ribs), with mac and cheese, BBQ Baked Beans, coleslaw, and Homemade Lasagna.  People ask Carolyn if I have my appetite back, I never lost my appetite, I lost the ability to eat solid food.  And now I can Doc was happy too,  when I discussed my chemo I referred to "Saturation Bombing" (for those without military background that means total destruction of the enemy and their resources) the doctor agreed with with my attitude as far as treatment, because we already are seeing progress I have a new CT Scan Mar 4 to see what's going on.  I seems that things are progressing well, but how well remains to be seen.  But at least it seems like things are going the right direction.  And the warm weather helps with the cold sensitivity so hopefully we can keep it for a while.  And with being able to eat, my weight loss is slowing down, my strength is coming back and my energy levels are increasing, I still get tired but it is at the end of the day.  So it is looking better.

No comments:

Post a Comment